Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My first Teething Cookie...



or my first BIG mess made all by me!! So I was a little nervous about giving Ashlynn "solid" food, but everyone advised me that she would love them and that she did! Derek's two brothers came over for my special burgers before heading off to Clemson for the semester, and I needed a way to entertain her while I cooked...problem solved with the cookie. Ashlynn talked to this thing like she had known it for years and then get so excited her arms would flail up in the air, and the cookie would end up on the top of her head, then she would look ALL AROUND for it until I put it back on the highchair. Too funny...we all got quite a few good laughs from something so simple that night, and we were able to enjoy a nice dinner!!

2 comments:

teddi sweeney said...

so silly! LOVE IT! what's the cookie? and how old is she now?

Mama Liz said...

It's like a nilla wafer, but way more dense so it doesn't crumble. That way they can't choke on anything...totally messy, but keeps her entertained! Ashlynn is 7 1/2 months old already!?!?! I can hardly believe it has been that long!